Full and Forgetful
by PamFord Davis

Some relatives, friends or acquaintances make a habit of only coming around when they want something. Weeks, months, even years may pass without them stopping by or giving a call. Then, unexpectedly, they make a contact as if no time had lapsed. We are wise to their ways. As soon as we hear their voice or see them coming we know they need a favor.

How do you think God feels when we only turn to Him in times when we need to be bailed out of a jam? As soon as He meets our needs, we feel satisfied and self-sufficient. We quickly forget the hand that feeds us physically, emotionally, spiritually and with material blessings. There is a danger in becoming full and forgetful.

".... and you shall eat and be satisfied, then watch yourself, lest you forget the LORD who brought you from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall fear only the LORD your God; and you shall worship Him, and swear by His name (Deuteronomy 6:11b-13 NAS)." I do not want to forget Him or His generosity.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print