The Trinity Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

Jesus is God. The Holy Spirit is God. God is God. Many people can't understand how three separate individuals can be one person. It is hard for them to grasp this three-in-one concept we so greatly revere as Christians. If you are a true born-again believer in Jesus Christ then you know without a shadow of a doubt that the Trinity is real. As Christians, we can sense the individual work of our Lord, Savior, and Spirit. But how do you explain this to someone who is not in Christ, since, without the Spirit's help, they cannot understand the roles each member of the Trinity plays in the lives of a believer? Let me see if I can explain it clearly.

I (God) have something you want that you can only get through me (God), and nowhere else, but you have never met me (God) to ask for it. So, you approach a friend of mine (Jesus) to see if he will introduce you to me (God). He says that I (God) am not able to physically come to you to help you in your quest to obtain this thing you want so dearly. But, my friend (Jesus) says, the one you seek (God) will send his helper (Holy Spirit) to you so you can get what you need from me (God). Other than my friend (Jesus), you have never seen me (the Trinity, the one who gives you what you all that you need) but still have received what you asked for by going through the proper channels. This is the best that I can explain it, but it seems to work.

Question: We know that a son comes from a father. And the Father is Jesus 'daddy'. We also know that the Father 'sent' the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. So in this aspect, the Son and the Holy Spirit came from the Father. But we do not believe that God created them. Do we?

Author Response: God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are not created beings, since all are one in God, and He is not a created being. That is why Jesus can call Himself the I AM in the Gospels, because He has been with God forever. Jesus and the Spirit came From the Father because they are one in the Father, just as body, mind, and soul all are one in us. They are three separate entities, but still one being. John 1 says this very clearly.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print