A Literal Heaven and Hell
by PamFord Davis

I believe in the 'reality' of a literal heaven and hell. I once heard that Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven. Why would He place so much emphasis on hell? The Son of God, as well as His Father and the Holy Spirit love us and alert us to the dangers of unbelief and hell.

It is a terrible place.

It is a place of fire. (Mark 9:48/Matthew 5:22)

It is a place of darkness. (Matthew 22:13)

It is a place of torment. (Luke 16:19-31)

It is a place of separation from God. (Matthew 7:21-23)

God does not want anyone to go to that horrible place.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16-18 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print