Doctrine Topics
by Bobby Bruno

The area of doctrinal study that I have chosen for my life's work comes under the Revelation/Inspiration doctrine. In 1999, just 6 months after giving my life to Jesus, the Holy Spirit had me do a topical study on faith, hope, and love, which he helped me form into an outline which included approx. 150 Scriptures. A book was started using all the information that was gathered, but not much was accomplished as a new believer; I had some growing to do first. In 2010, I broke the outline down into article sized chunks and have been writing and posting these online for the past year, gaining a huge following in the process. These articles are about faith, hope, and love, and of how Jesus can take you from the mess you once were, and turn you into the person He created you to be, and the kind of person you know in your heart that you really want to be.

Revelation, because in these articles, and in and with my own life, I want to reveal a Jesus you might never see, unless you surrender all to Him. I also reveal Satan in all his evilness and how he wants to keep you chained with one foot in the grave. Inspiration, because I want inspire others to give Jesus everything, using all the experience that I have been given through watching Jesus take me from a man with a death wish, to a man with a passion for life. Through the Spirit, I want to encourage, inspire, and down-right illuminate others with the light of truth that is Jesus. I want the world to know Jesus in all His glory, as He passes that glory on to each individual that wants Him to make their lives something special for Him. As Jesus has inspired me, I want to greatly inspire others in the same way.

The more I learn about Jesus through experience, not just also through books and the Bible, the more I can impart to others. I am able to explain Scripture in a way that surprises even me at times, so the more I know about that Scripture, the more I can show others the truth of Jesus. 1 Corinthians 13:13 is the launching point for my ministry. I have found that hope follows faith, and love follows hope; as you grow as a believer, I believe that you must grow in this order. As you come to know Jesus more and more, you will find that you must go through the first two steps of faith and hope before you get to the culmination of love for Jesus, yourself and others.

The resources I would use for studying this doctrine would be anything that tells the truth about what it covers. It must be the truth bound by the entire Word of God before I would use its contents in whatever fashion I would need to make a clear message about the topic at hand.

A church I once attended (Assembly of God Pentecostal) had two doctrinal statements that reflect the kind of ministry I want to see grow "Pursue God Fervently"; and "Affirm that all people are valuable to God and to us." All God's creatures are special to Him. In my ministry, I want to show people the way past their pain, whatever and however it came about, show them a Savior that can heal every hurt they are experiencing, and show them that they are loved unconditionally by a great God they may have once thought hated them.

Comment: "the second one is ethics, the study of God's standards for man. The one I choose to use for this discussion is ethics, the study of God's standards for man. "
Author Response: Learning what makes man tick is the only well to tell other people what makes them tick. Most people have no idea that they are sinners and can be forgiven. I like The Way of the Master TV program with Kirk Cameron and Ray Stedman, because they get right in a person's face and then right to the heart of what makes them a sinner from what they've done in their lives. As I've said before, how can you know you need to be saved if you don't know what you need to be saved from? Ethics should be studied by every living human on this earth.
Comment: "Well I have come across a lot of people who want to hear his voice because they don't think God is listening. If they would know that God is hearing them and He just waiting on them to seek a relationship with Him by just opening up their mouth and heart to be heard and to receive then they will get a taste of who He is and hopefully never want to let go of Him. (psm 34:8)"

Author Response: Many Christians know that God is speaking to them, but they don't know how to hear Him. Too many are listening for an audible voice to tell them what to do next. What they don't realize is that God speaks in many, many ways through circumstances, illnesses, and such to get our attention. Once He has our attention his "voice" will be loud and clear. All Christians need to just look around them every day and they will see God speaking in those many ways. Listening is not only done with the ears, it is done with the eyes, the heart, and the mind. Never trust feelings because they aren't always telling us the truth. God is always speaking to us. We just have to open ourselves up the His Spirit and listen.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print