Implications
by Bobby Bruno

"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor is a servant or slave above his master. It is sufficient for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant or slave like his master. If they have called the Master of the house Beelzebub [master of the dwelling], how much more will they speak evil of those of His household."
Matthew 10:24-25 (AMP)

Because of being rejected, despised, and ignored at one time in my life, my faith in Christ is strong today because of what He has saved me from. In 1998, I rediscovered through dreams and divine knowledge that I had been sexually abused by my grandfather when I was between the ages of five and seven. Six months later, after many unsuccessful suicide attempts, I left my marriage and my family to save myself from death. During those six months I had endured mocking, rejection, and dirty looks by those who would not believe me and who wondered if I had abused their children. Nine months later, Jesus called to me and saved me from continuing to live a life I didn't want anymore. I may not have hung on a cross, but I know the pain Jesus felt as He hung there and was ridiculed, mocked, shouted at, rejected. Even God turned His back on Him during the process of dying. I never knew such pain and sorrow as I had known on the day my family turned their backs on me to the extent that I had to leave them behind just to get some peace and to find out who I was.

When Christ called, I very humbly and tearfully gave Him my life for His purposes. Jesus' work in my life has made it possible for me to enjoy the life I now have. As a disciple of Jesus, I am no longer the teacher of my life, but am now the student whose heart is a slowly filling page that continually longs for Jesus to keep writing His words on it. We know that Jesus went to the cross humbly, but not without asking the Father first if there was any other way to save humanity. After salvation, and after learning more about what had happened to me, how it shaped my life, and how I can use the information to help others, I humbly gave my life to Jesus and to those who are in need of emotional healing because they have been used, abused and rejected. If Jesus was strong enough to go to the cross just because His Father asked Him to, then I can humbly give my life to the Father just as easily. All it takes is a small amount of humble faith in the graces of God to see the beauty and truth which He sees in your life every second of every day through His eyes.

Comment: "I also know that when you say, "All it takes is a small amount of humble faith in the graces of God to see the beauty and truth which He sees in your life every second of every day through His eyes," that it has taken a lot of time to understand that.'"

Author Response: Please believe me when I say that what I am about to say is said with great humility and glory for Jesus -- to tell my testimony in all its completeness would take me hours to show you where Jesus was in the suffering I had endured even after being saved, and how He guided me, step by step, to help me understand all that He was doing in my life. I completely understand the verse you gave. God's grace is sufficient enough in my weaknesses. I hope no one confuses arrogance with confidence. I am confident of God's work in my life. It's hard to be arrogant and boastful when you have nothing to boast about. There can only be arrogance where there is pride. What do I have to be proud about enough to boast about what I did to save and repair my life? Where I am weak, He is strong. All I do and say in my life today is for Christ's sake, so that He gets known by all I meet. All I've learned about how to live properly came from the Holy Spirit, as He took me through each level of understanding of who He is and who I am in Him. I know that you know this about me after all the discussions we've had over the last year.

Comment: "Indeed I draw great strength from knowing that Jesus withstood all that He did for me, but on a far deeper level, He allowed me to look into His eyes and I saw every ounce of pain He felt from me as I had been continuously rejecting Him with lies and deceit."

Author Response: When I think about being humble, I always remember the scripture that says in Luke 18:14 -- "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted." I don't know about you, but I would rather humble myself than to be humbled by Jesus. It's a lot less "painful", even though you learn a lot and establish an even closer relationship with the Lord. Being humble isn't easy, especially in today's world, but it is certainly worth it to strengthen our relationships with other and with Jesus. I am very happy that things turned out the way they did. I don't believe that I had a hand in the outcome of what happened just before I got saved; that was all God giving me the guidance I needed to get to Him and to a life of loving and serving Him. The great thing about all of this is, my two children accepted Jesus within two years of my coming to Christ. They saw the change in me, asked a lot of questions, and took Jesus as their own. My son came to Jesus one day we were alone together. My daughter came to Jesus but did not tell me until three years after she did (She never told why she waited). My ex has not accepted Christ to this day. So, again, I am very happy with my life in Christ, and my kids will join me in Heaven on our last day. Praise the Lord for His ways not being our ways!!!

Comment: "We shall come out ahead just as Jesus did we just have to continue to have unmovable faith."

Author Response: We like to say to people, "If you just had a little more faith..." They will next ask how they can get more faith, as if it is a thing you can buy in a store. We tell them to read their bibles more often, to pray more often, and these things are good to do, but the only way to grow in faith is by letting God show you that He is trustworthy. Those who have immovable faith are those who have watched God take care of them time and time again. Each time you allow God to help you, and you see that help work out perfectly, your faith in God grows just a little bit stronger. Too many people think that they have to have perfect faith from the day they are saved. What they don't realize is that faith starts out as a seed the day they gave their life to Jesus and then grows stronger every time that they allow God to show them just how much He loves them and wants to take care of them. Jesus' faith in His Father implied to us that God can be trusted whether we are in joy or in pain. God is just waiting for us to open our hands and surrender.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print