About "Fitting In"
by Udeme Anosike

"Think back on those early days when you first learned about Christ. Remember how you remained faithful even though it meant terrible suffering" (Hebrews 10:32 NLT).


God is not looking for status quo Christians in this end time. The caliber of Christians who will change their generations and usher in the rule of His Kingdom on the earth will be people who are comfortable with being different from the crowd.

In Hebrews 10:32-39, Paul commended the Jewish Christians for standing up for the gospel and identifying with him even though they suffered reproach and persecution for doing so. Indeed, one of the toughest forms of persecution for a believer is that which comes from the people closest to him or her. For example, the persecution or reproach that arises when we are the only ones in our families following the Lord, or reproach that arises when our commitment to God makes us different from our classmates, colleagues, or friends. Yet, it is the decision to maintain an uncompromising but loving stance in these circles that eventually draws the unsaved to Christ and other Christians to a deeper commitment.

Fitting in and going with the flow, whether in small circles of interaction or large ones, in fact weakens our testimony and makes us ineffective for Christ (Revelation 3:14-16). So, let us maintain our commitment to walk at the highest level of separation and devotion to God. Let us also keep believing that the decision to stand uncompromisingly for Him will draw others to His light. As we do, He will surely cause our faithfulness to bear fruit for His glory.

Udeme Anosike has journeyed with the Lord for over twenty years. She is an author and teacher of God's Word. Her heart's desire is to help Christians serve God faithfully and live victoriously. 
Website: www.refreshingwearysouls.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print