John 1:1-5 Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was
God. He was already with God in the beginning. Everything came into existence through him. Not one thing that exists was made without him. He was the source of life, and that life was the light for humanity. The light shines in the dark, and the dark has never extinguished it" (John 1:1-5/GW).

I believe that John said it all when it comes to the authority that Jesus spoke with when He gave His word to the people. Since Jesus is God, and is the creator of everything we see and don't see, including humans, then He has the right to speak to us with the full authority of God. Since Jesus is the source of life, who better than He to explain to the life He gave how we should live as the children of the One who allows us to live. When Jesus spoke, the people were hearing the words of life. That is why the people were astonished, because Jesus spoke of life in ways they had never heard it spoken of before. Even when He was telling the people what they should not do, even those words contained life, unlike the negative do's and don'ts of the Pharisees that contained only guilt and condemnation.

Today, we have the benefit of hindsight, having the Bible to tell us of the history of Jesus Christ. We have the benefit of a cloud of witnesses who have explored every possibility of interpreting Scripture; those who have passed down to us the meaning of the words of life that Jesus spoke. We have the benefit of having the Holy Spirit living within us to help us interpret the words of Jesus in a proper and most meaningful way. Only God can tell us how to live within His authority. Scripture says that Jesus has been given all authority over everything seen and unseen. Through His authority, Jesus allows us to speak His Name and Gospel with the same authority to others. Only the Author of life has the authority to tell that life how to thank, praise, and glorify the Life-Giver.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print