James 3:1 Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

"Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly."
James 3:1 (NLT)

How so true is the truth that many people today follow the god of their own minds; the god they believe is the real God. Satan has so deceived people into believing that God will kill them if He knew how evil they were, to the point that they somehow believe that if they just hide their sins from their own sinful selves, God wouldn't see them, either. Many people are unwilling to know the truth about themselves, so they make up a god who will let them into heaven based on their good works or their good behavior.

We, as teachers of the God of Truth, must not bow down to the pressure put on us by those who believe that we should water down the Gospel, to make it reflect 21st century culture, to bend it to the will of the people instead of telling them the true Will of God. Right now the biggest topic that is being misrepresented in many churches is the topic of homosexuality, if it is being talked about at all. How many teachers of the word are telling the culture that God loves every lifestyle as long as there is love involved in it? I've read of more than a few that tell people that they don't have to give up their lifestyle to be a Christian, be that lifestyle homosexual, living together outside of marriage, or any other arrangement two people agree on that is not agreed on by the Bible.

Yes, we must teach the Word in love, but we must also be bold enough to remain faithful to the Word of God. If the Bible teaches it, so should we, without apology. If the bible doesn't teach it, then we shouldn't either, unless we have heard from God himself on that topic. We should not fear what those who don't know God have to say. If God says it is wrong, then it is, no matter what the world around us thinks. I believe that if we remain faithful to the teaching of the Bible, and if we stick to the teachings of the Bible and not to the world's way of believing, God will uphold us and protect us as He did Jesus, the disciples, and the Apostle Paul. Our strong faith in the Word of God will carry us along just fine as long as we don't break under the pressure of the world to change the words we speak in Jesus' Name. Let us boldly proclaim the way, the truth, and the life that is Jesus. Let us teach the Word of God correctly as it was intended to be taught, and let the Holy Spirit deal with the consequences of the people who refuse to listen to it and follow it. If we are true to the Word, He will be true to us.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print