You Can't Soar with the Eagle's, if You Hoot with the Owls
by Rick King

By: Rick L. King
December 11, 2012

Years ago a friend of mine told me this statement. It is very true in the natural and it is very true in the spiritual. We all know that if we stay up all night and do whatever that we usually are not very fit the morning. Our day consists of being tired and let's face it we are not very productive.

In the spiritual this is so true also. Soaring with the eagle's means we are flowing in the Lord. Hooting with the owls means we are entertaining the creatures of night. The Bible tells us that we are to resist the devil. We are not to give place to the devil. The devil is out to kill, steal and destroy whereas the Lord is out to give to us life. We can't walk in both and be productive. God tells us that he is a jealous God. He cannot fully use us until we are sold out to him. We cannot experience and walk in the power of God when we keep hooting with the owls. I know of many Christians that have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They teach or preach but they are powerless. They do not gain revelation knowledge but just go through all the motions for their own motive. Maybe they are more accepted and get praise because they are teaching or preaching God's Word. The flesh can speak the word, but this does not mean they will walk in power. The ones that walk in power have consecrated their life to finding the voice of the Lord and listening to what He wants to tell them. They speak only the words the Holy Spirit gives them to speak. These words are then backed up with an anointing and the power of the Holy Spirit. Just because the words may be correct does not mean that the Holy Spirit has led them. People seem to think that because it is the Bible that whenever or to whomever they speak these words that they are doing the will of God. This is far from the truth. Where does the Holy Spirit come in with this belief? Is it that just because we speak God's Word that the Holy Spirit will always anoint and bless them? Not at all. We have this so backwards. We ask God to bless our efforts instead of finding out what He wants and following Him. We instead just follow what we think instead. We are supposed to be crucified with Christ and only him living in and through us. A dead man speaking God's Word without the leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit produces only dead works. The devil can and does speak the word often. Does God bless the devil? I don't think so.

The disciples had it figured out. They walked and talked with Jesus before he went to His Father. They had intimate conversation with him daily. Jesus gave them what he wanted for them to do, but he also told them to wait in the upper room till they were endued with power. They could have done what Jesus had told them by the flesh and been what much of the church is today religious and void of power. The disciples waited till they were endued with power then they went out. They saw miracles happen as the Holy Spirit confirmed the word with signs and wonders. Just because it is God's Word does not mean that God is going to confirm it. It must be initiated and led by the Holy Spirit. If we leave the Holy Spirit out of the equation then we will never walk in power and see the things that God really desires to do.

Much of the reason people get into works comes from bad teaching. Learning to listen to and follow the Holy Spirit in obedience costs us our life. We must become crucified with Christ for Him to fully live through and in us. Most do not seem to want to pay that cost. They have to give up the things of this world and all their own wants and desires. The priority must become Jesus I want all of you. I don't care about my life because I gave it to you. Do with it whatever you please. Can you honestly say that this is what you desire? If so you will walk in his power at the appointed time that God chooses. We may have the desire yet there is a process that we all must go though in having our flesh crucified. The reason for this is so that we in our own strength will not try to do things. As we learn to wait, trust, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in obedience then we will see the Lord move through us mightily. Scripture tells us that we cannot serve two masters. We cannot serve the devil and expect to walk in God's power. We cannot serve God and mammon. We forget that our life, if we gave it to Jesus, is no longer our own any more. It belongs to Jesus to do and use however He wishes. If you have truly humbled yourself and given the Lord permission to do with you whatever He wills then you will experience the Holy Spirit working in and through you. If you still want to run your life and do the things that you want (satisfying the flesh) then you will never experience all that the Lord has for you. You must surrender.

Hopefully the title of this article makes more sense to you now. You cannot soar with the eagles if you hoot with the owls.

Scripture references: (KJV)

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Ephesians 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Mathew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

2Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print