The Divinity of Christ
by Bobby Bruno

This debate is important to me as a follower of Christ because, if Jesus is not who He says He is, then there is no hope for me to put my faith of living a complete life in. If I am not saved from my sins then I am still in bondage to those sins. In 1998 I tried to commit suicide five times after rediscovering that I had been sexually abused as a child. If Jesus had not physically and audibly entered my life at that last attempt, I would be dead now. If Jesus were just a man then who was it that visited me that day? If Jesus was just a man then why has my life been completely turned around to where I want to live a life where I can show others His salvation and His love? Only someone who came from God, and who is fully God, could have done any of that for me.

If Jesus were not God in the flesh then my Christian experience would be a sham, because my life would not have changed and I would have succeeded in killing myself, because only someone who is God could have saved me from certain destruction. I was not very loving then, and I could not be this loving now if Jesus were just like me human.

For me there is no debate: Jesus is God. Of that I have no doubt, because I know what I once was before Jesus saved me someone that even I didn't like. There is indeed a new song in my heart and it sings the praises of Jesus. Never in my life have I ever looked up to a man as a god. Not until Jesus entered my life did I realize that there was Someone that I could truly look up to and know that I would be okay; Someone I could completely trust with all of my life knowing that He would not abuse it, but use it for His glory to share His love with others. People can debate all they want, but I know the truth and it has completely set me free. Show me a man on this earth that can do that. I dare you.

Comment: "To argue about Jesus is just ridiculous. We know that He is the son of God. The way I see it is those that can even think about putting into words how they would feel if they found that Jesus was just a man, don't have enough conviction in their faith. I am not putting anyone down in our class that was the assignment. For me, I can not even think of the question. My faith and life are based on the knowledge that God sent His only begotten son, and he took our sins from us when He was sacrificed on the cross. I know that is true in my heart, and won't debate on the other arguments."

Author Response: Sometimes we forget that we ourselves did not have enough faith to believe that Jesus was God until God Himself gave us the faith to believe and then called us to come into a relationship with Him. People that have not been given this faith by God believe only in themselves. That is why there is so much selfishness in this world. Don't forget, Satan once had faith in Jesus, too, but somewhere decided that he was going to live his life according to his own will and pride. Doesn't that sound like how a majority of the world thinks and live? But you are right, there is no debate -- Jesus said He was God and there is argument. You'll never catch me debating otherwise.

Comment: "That was one of the most beautiful things you have ever written. I am sorry for your tragedy. The Risen Christ gives man hope. If He is still in the grave then we have no power over the grave either, we are still in our sins and there is no resurrection. But thank you for your testimony... "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony"."

Author's Response: The road of hard knocks only ever taught me one thing -- only when Jesus builds the path can you find your way out of everything that life will throw at you. No matter how bad you think things are, there is always a light at the top of the barrel, even if you are too far down in the barrel to see it. Just look for the steps on the other side of the barrel's wall and start climbing, when Someone lets the light shine brighter than your darkness. Jesus is the light and the path. Never stray far from it for too long, if at all. May God bless your life as He has greatly blessed mine.

Comment: "Come on now! The Bible never lies. I wrote what I read in the Bible, since it's all important to keep in mind there are many aspects of Jesus. You all choose to look at only one-God. That's it. We're not on the same page, but I'll keep you coming back for more. Your learning is limited where as mine is limitless. I'm Christian, Q: is it better to label God as Jesus, or try to find out more about Him through the scriptures? Read the scriptures, they never lie. Stretch your understanding of Him. It's your duty. It's what you were made for, I'm just here to strengthen you."

Author's Response: If I am reading your discussion correctly, you are saying that the title of Son of Man was forced on Jesus, because that is how I am reading it. Could you also explain what you mean by "WE" are talking about only one-God. Also, it is very insulting for you to say that you are limitless and that we are limited in our thinking. If you are a Christian as you say you are, then you must know that statements like that only come from the pit of hell, and not from Jesus, God, or the scriptures. Remember to humble yourself before the Lord or He will humble you Himself. It's okay to disagree with someone, but if you start making accusations about another's faith or belief, then you are opening up yourself to your own interpretation of God's Word and not what the Bible actually says for itself. Please don't take any of this the wrong way. I care very much about your growth in Jesus and pray that the Spirit will open your mind to all of the truth so that your heart will be at peace. Keep asking questions and keep seeking the right answers. May God bless you with all of His Wisdom and grace.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print