Buzz, Buzz!
by PamFord Davis

Buzz! Buzz!

The distinct sound, buzz of bees and wasps, alerts us to danger. We avoid them at all costs. To most, a sting brings temporary discomfort; to those with allergic reactions, stings can be deadly. I remember my Mom using a home remedy; she applied mud to my bites. The combination, of my mother's love and mud pacts, made everything all right.

My father-in-law, an outdoors man, had no fear of snakes. He tossed them through the air with ease. Yet, he had a deep fear of bees and wasps. My husband has stored away the memory of that trait in his mind. It was not a weakness in his daddy. He may have experienced painful bites by a swarm of flying insects, or witnessed a merciless attack to someone he loved.

God, in His infinite mercy, has removed the sting of death!

"Death has been swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? Now the sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:54b-57 HCS)!" Listen, He has silenced the Buzz!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print