The Shedding of Blood Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

The only way for sins to be forgiven was through the shedding of blood. In the Old Testament, it was the blood of perfect lambs. When Jesus came, He offered up His own perfect, sinless life and blood so that our sins could be forgiven. Unlike in Old Testament Times, where one had to sacrifice a lamb year after year to be considered spotless, Jesus sacrificed Himself once for us to be considered spotless. No more would we have to sacrifice animals to achieve what Jesus so freely gives us -- perfect, spotless lives.

I find the two readings interesting in that they both have a common thread running in them. In Exodus 12: 17, it says, "Exodus 12:17 (AMP) -- And you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this very day have I brought your hosts out of the land of Egypt; therefore shall you observe this day throughout your generations as an ordinance forever". God saved His people from their captivity in Egypt, and they were to remember what He did for all time. When Jesus ordained Holy Communion at the Last Supper, He said, "Luke 22:19 (AMP) -- Then He took a loaf [of bread], and when He had given thanks, He broke [it] and gave it to them saying, This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." As the people did before us, we, too, must remember all that God, through Jesus, has done for us by bringing the hosts of darkness out of us. No more do we have to sacrifice another's blood to be free from sin's power over us, Jesus did it once and for all.

Because of Jesus' sacrifice, I don't have to let guilt and condemnation overpower me when I sin. And when I sit in church, and it is time for Communion, I am forced to see my sin and am convicted by the Holy Spirit to confess any sins I had stupidly not confessed right after I had sinned before. The fact that Jesus gave me His life is the main reason I am still alive and breathing today. As a favorite Kathy Troccoli song says, "Each moment I breathe, it's You that I need. I know I can't live without your grace. Each moment I live, everyday that You give, I want to love You Jesus. Every moment I breathe." This is how I live my life: knowing that my Savior shed His blood for me so that I could live and breathe just one more day. Each breath I breathe is in remembrance of my Savior's sacrifice.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print