The Church and Kingdom Relationship
by Bobby Bruno

Gerald Stafford, in his book entitles "Theology for Disciples: Systematic Considerations About the Life of Christian Faith" states that, "The Kingdom as the reign of God is free from human frailties, but the church, although called to submit to God's reign, is not free of the frailties of human participation" (pg. 90).

It always amazes me that an infallible God would use sinful people to do His work here on earth. Even though God abhors sin, He still uses people that He knows may fail Him at some point or another in their walk with Him. I am thankful to God that He doesn't let us interfere with His Kingdom look how badly we've messed up our "kingdoms" here on this planet. I believe that God has proven to us by letting us "run" our own governments that man was not meant to rule on His own without the wisdom of God to guide him. How true it is that, alone without God, man can do nothing. Since the fall, we have proven that over and over and over again. I thank God, too, that He takes our frailties and weaknesses and turns them into strengths to help others find the Door to His Kingdom so they may enter into His peace for eternity.

In all of this, I find great comfort that I don't have to do what He has called me to do alone. I don't have to rely on my own wisdom and strength to accomplish what He wants to accomplish in me and through me for His Kingdom. I have enough of a hard time running my own life than to try and tell God how to run His Kingdom. He is God and I am not. That's just the way I like it and, I believe, so does He. I wait with eager anticipation to know His Kingdom from the inside looking out instead of, at this time in a frail human body, looking at His Kingdom with all its splendor, from the outside looking in.

Comment: "Also, I can participate more fully in the fellowship of the church because the church is based upon each individual's unique offering. As the one wind came into the upper room, it also came to each individual as a flame of fire on top of each head present. So we are all members, but parts in particular, and God is interested in what we can give as an individual."

Author Response: I agree. God has gifted each one of us with a particular set of talents that we can give back to the church. Mine are playing the drums and teaching. These are two of my greatest passions that God has gifted me to do. I pray that everyone could find out how God has gifted them. They would find out that their greatest passions can be used in the name of Christ.

Comment: "I would say it makes me understand that being human, we will be frail at times. That is just human nature, but in the kingdom of heaven when we go to God, there will be no more frailty in us. We will be whole and sound. As for participating at church, this makes no difference to me either way. I help as much as possible, it doesn't matter of human frailty, I am human too."

Author Response: I am always amazed that a perfect God would use imperfect beings to do His work. He even allows imperfect people who do not know Jesus as Savior to do good works to others, even if those works earn them nothing in heaven. Thankfully, human frailty is counteracted by Jesus' divine strength and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. We are not imperfect when a perfect God has a hold of our hearts, and if we are letting Him work through us to make a difference in this world He has placed us in. We are only frail in the sense that we are encased in flesh. But, in Jesus, in spirit and in truth, we, as His children, know no such frailties, if Jesus is our Master and Guide. What a perfect plan: to use imperfect people to reach imperfect people in an imperfect world. Wow!

References

Stafford, Gerald W. (1989, 1996). Theology for disciples: systematic considerations about the life of Christian faith (pgs. 92-99). Warner Press.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print