The After Holidays Blues
by PamFord Davis

Most experience a case of after holiday blues to some degree, especially following Christmas. Our excitement begins to build after Thanksgiving dinner and reaches a crescendo Christmas morning. It is nearly impossible to avoid a sense of 'what now?' after such a climatic experience. Fast forward to Easter....
Could the disciples match Resurrection Sunday?

Jesus' closest followers had been on the roller coaster ride of their lives. They walked along the side of Jesus, heads-high, as he had His triumphant entry into Jerusalem atop a donkey. A few days later, shouts of 'Hosanna' turned to taunts of 'Crucify Him!' Fearful of their own arrests, and emotionally drained, they went into hiding. He died. Hopes dashed, they grieved.

Descended into the pits of despair, they hear that 'He is alive!' Unbelief, mingled with confusion as the roller coaster began to rattle on the tracks. Trying to be rational, they dared not believe; yet, soon He stood before them. He spoke a greeting of 'Peace' and they could not contain their joy! It would be decidedly difficult to top the emotional highs of resurrection affirmation.

The faithful gathered for prayer, unsure of what might follow. (Acts 1:14-2:1) The presence and power of God overwhelmed them. He sent a mighty wind that filled the house, accompanied by tongues, like flames of fire. They rested upon each person and the Holy Spirit filled them with His power, giving them the ability to speak in different languages. They had much to say!

Listeners came from all nations. As recipients of their message, they were baffled. "And they were astounded and amazed, saying, 'Look, aren't all these who are speaking Galileans? How is it that we hear, each of us, in our own native language (Acts 2:7-8 HCS)?" They marveled at the proclamation of ".... the magnificent acts of God (Acts 2:11b HCS)." Peter seized the moment.

The Apostle, Peter had denied his LORD. Now, equipped and empowered by the Holy Spirit, he boldly proclaimed Jesus as the crucified and risen Lord and Messiah. (Acts 2:14-36). Numbers at an astounding estimated 3,000 people accepted the message of salvation through Christ, were baptized and added to the church (Acts 2:41). Experience 'after Easter' power and boldness!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print