Building Bridges
by Bobby Bruno

"When Jesus came near, he spoke to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. So wherever you go, make disciples of all nations: Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."
(Matthew 28:18-19, God's Word)

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
Seek to be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life
-Saint Francis of Assisi

Building bridges to people is harder today than it was in years gone by. Today we have too many distractions that the devil uses to keep people's minds on things other than God. Before TV, radio, and cell phones, people were more eager to listen to a man preach the Gospel, hence the many revivals of the 19th and 20th centuries before man deluged himself with technology that keeps him a slave to it. Still, we must realize that God allowed man to create and use this technology. I believe this is God's way of showing who truly wants to follow Him by who decides that He is more important to their lives than the next new pc game that comes out in July.

Building bridges today involves having a relationship with someone you know needs the Lord. It is much harder to evangelize a stranger than it is someone who has gotten to know us as Christian people who truly want them to seek and know the Lord for the myriad of reasons they should. But, of course, today's technology can be used successfully to let strangers know about the love and mercy of Jesus Christ. I am happy to be a part of God's will for my life in the articles that I write and post for the Lord. I continually talk about how He has let them be read all over the world and I believe that many have responded to the call of Christ for salvation. I am always excited to write more articles as they give me the opportunity to build a bridge to those around the world who are seeking for a life worth living under the peace and glory of Jesus Christ. God's bridges never collapse or fall away. They are bridges that will hold for all time.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print