CHRIST THE BREAD OF LIFE
by Samuel Akinola

CHRIST THE BREAD OF LIFE

Breads are important food that has been known from ages. In some countries/communities breads formed the major part of their diet. In ancient Israel breads are very essential meal, virtually there was no part of meal without the presence of bread. Bread can also be figuratively used to mean any food eaten for nourishment. It is impossible for any living thing/being to survive without food pertaining to its kindat lest not for long. So bread (food) is virtually important to daily survival.

Christ Jesus is the bread of life, a kind of food (spiritual) necessary for our daily survival. As it is virtually impossible to survive year after year without food, so it is virtually impossible for one to survive without Christ. To survive here goes beyond physical living, of which any living thing can do as long as such is not dead. Survival of life goes beyond mere existing, what kind of life is there without victory, fulfilment, accomplishment, spiritual maturity, peace, safety, posterity and prosperity? These are contains in Christ Jesus, and their continuances are assured. However, outside the fold of Christ there are traces of these ones to be had, but the end does show the futility of life without Christ.

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:51. This assertion of Jesus Christ is life-changing kind. Indeed Jesus came and offered himself as food to save the world from hunger (spiritual hunger with physical and mental effects), even though millions of people on earth today do not believe thisit is true.

The birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ are what saved the world from the absolute powers of darkness hitherto that has enslaved the human race before Christ. Every human beings living at the time of Christ death and resurrection, and those being born into the world thenceforth till present time and continue into the future, is no longer under the dominion of darkness forces, principalities and powers, spiritual hosts of wickedness in high and heavenly placesliberty has being purchased at the blood of Christ. However, there are still full powers of these forces at work in the world in general and in lives of people in particular, majorly has to do with choices of individual or corporate body that submitted to these powers and their influences and brought several others (directly and indirectly) under their control. Christ has done itsalvation and liberty for mankind. All we have to do is carry our crosses and follow the Master wherever he leads. It is not and will not be easy, but the hope of eternal glory and the glorious crowns of righteousness awaiting the conquerors in Christ are worth the Fellowship with Christ the only way to Jehovah.

Jesus holds the key to eternal life, he is the only True Way to God Almighty, and he is the embodiment of wisdom, power, eternal glory, the beginning of all creations and the end of all creations. "...I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never thirst," John 6:35. This assertion of Jesus is words of Life and Spirit, it pointed to the fact that cannot be demurred that Christ is the essence of life. To come to him (submit to his teachings, believe his words, live according to his commandment and under his guidance) is like eating eternal bread that nourishes the spirits of the believers and makes them never go hungry (that is: hungry for spiritual truth, hungry for salvation, unsure which path to take to God, and doubtful of their righteousness, and all these are contain in Christ which automatically comes along in accepting Christ Jesus into someone's life). To believe in him (trust him, have confidence in him) is like drinking living water that will give strength in times of hardship, persecution, sorrow and pain.

Fellow soldier of Christ cross, hold the fort in whatever ground you find yourself in this life, the Master is coming with reinforcement. Continue in the Lord, if you fall along the way, remember the goodness of the Lord that endures forever and seek His grace, mercy and forgiveness, which are readily available. The Lord is alive and He reigns!






Samuel Olusegun Akinola
Novelist, dramatis & Poet/Graphic & Media Artist
Minister of God
+2348078097758
+2347030863115
[email protected]

Samuel Akinola is a gifted writer, novelist/poet, media artist, and website designer. By divine calling, he is an Apostle of Christ. He has written many articles, books, and novels. He lives in Nigeria, working passionately for Christ. More about him https://trilovemedia.com/samuel-olusegun-akinola

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print