Colossians 2:6-7 Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

You received Christ Jesus the Lord, so continue to live as Christ's people. Sink your roots in him and build on him. Be strengthened by the faith that you were taught, and overflow with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6, 7 God's Word)

H = Hang out with God
A = Accountability
B = Bible Study
I = Involvement in faith community
T = Tithing
S = Scripture memorization


How much do you love Jesus? For me, that's the bottom line when it comes to living out the Christian life. How much you love Jesus will determine how deep your relationship with Him will go. How deep your relationship with Jesus goes will determine how much you obey Him. Jesus did say that those who love Him are the ones who obey Him. Any relationship is only as deep as you are willing to give of yourself to the other person. The less you give, the less you get back. And, yes, that even includes the joy and peace you feel while in that relationship. The reason we tell others about Jesus Christ is, first, salvation, and second, about the joy and peace He can bring to their lives. But that joy and peace will only go as deep as you want it to go.

Making disciples means giving people the information they need to make the choice for or against Jesus. But the information we give must be based on truth. The HABITS in our devotional are the stepping stones to giving Jesus your all, especially "H = Hanging out with God." If you don't hang out with God in any way then you have no relationship because a relationship is a give and take proposition. Jesus wants to give us everything we have, but He wants us to give everything we have to Him first. If we don't release what is in our hands, then He can't refill them with something better. We have always been told that evangelizing others will bring us unspeakable joy, but why do we not open our mouths. Who doesn't want unspeakable joy?

We have let Satan influence us for too long, especially as Christians. He would like nothing more than for us to keep our mouths shut and our beliefs to ourselves. If Jesus has defeated the testimony He allowed Satan to give you, then you must know that that same testimony can now defeat Satan, giving us the last laugh at the end of time. Get to know God better and you will see that, while it is your mouth that is moving to the words formed by your lips, teeth, and tongue, it is God who is supplying the words. "You cannot fail" should become a mantra for us whenever we go out in public. Let's make it one. I'll go first

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print