Say What?
by PamFord Davis

'Say, what?' I don't always pick up slang. Admittedly, by the time I do, it might be on its way out. I like the aforementioned. 'Say, what' seems to go well with a cow-eyed expression and gaping mouth. Let me get this straight; run that past me again.

I'm not sure if I understand.

"One man pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth (Proverbs 13:7 RSV)."

'Say, what?' I have to mull that over in my mind.

The first man is all show; he puts on a big act and tries to convince people he's the big man in town. Likely, he's fooling only himself. Man #2 pretends to be poor. Maybe he's thinking people will rob him if they know the truth.

The truth is both men are living a lie. They have another thing in common; they are pretending.

'Say, what?' I say, we should not measure a person's wealth by cash flow. Anyone who has a personal relationship with the LORD Jesus is privileged to live the abundant life.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly (John 10:10 RSV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print