The Word in Witnessing
by Bobby Bruno

The two sharing principals that William Fay (1999) speaks about in his book "Share Jesus Without Fear" are: principle number one --Romans 10:17 Faith comes by hearing the message (Read this scripture aloud); and principle number two -- Luke 10:26 How do you read it? (What does this say to you?) (p. 42). The first principle says that the only way to have faith in Jesus Christ is by hearing the Word of God, or in the case of evangelizing, reading the Word of God. The second principle asks the seeker to explain what the passage of scripture says to them in their own words. In both of these principals, it is the Holy Spirit who will guide the seeker's heart to see the truth in what they have heard and read.

Because the Holy Spirit is the one who is guiding the seeker through the understanding and applying of what the seeker has heard and read, I don't have to be afraid of being rejected, or hated, or persecuted for not doing all that I could to save this person. I don't have to feel like I've failed if I don't bring them to a saving knowledge of Christ as that particular moment. The Holy Spirit may need to guide the seeker further along to break a hardened heart before the seeker will give up his will and take on the will of God. Everything about the salvation of another human being lies on the shoulders of God, through His son Jesus, through His Holy Spirit. It is God's right to bring all seekers to Christ, not me. Where I will fail, God cannot, leaving me to feel free to share His Son with everyone I meet. As the prayer says, His will will be done.

References

Fay, W., Shepherd, L. E. (1999). Share jesus without fear. Nashville, TN: B&H Publishing Group.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print