Married Life in Christ
by Teresa Wiltz

A married couple should never allow the devil or even others to interfere with their sacred bond which is ordained by our Heavenly Father. This is a world of countless sinful temptations attacking those who are devoted to Jesus Christ. Marriage is similar to the holy covenant established between God and His Church.

The Bible constantly speaks about how various trials and tribulations of this world will affect God's true followers; but it also teaches a way of escape for those who remain faithful to Him. The devil is running rampant trying to deceive and destroy all facets of Christian living, including marital temptation and Godly obedience to Christ and to each other.

1 Corinthians 7:2-5~"But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

It is important for married couples to rely upon the same attributes which were appealing to each other at the start of their relationship. All of those beautiful qualities endearing enough to verbally commit to each other by vowing in the presence of God should therefore be remembered and honored for the duration of married life; especially during times of illness and various hardships.

If one's marriage is slipping between the cracks of life's challenges in any or all areas, ask God to be the glue that will seal the broken pieces with His perfect and sustaining grace. Study the Bible together and pray for wisdom as one flesh to honor God's Word and each other because with God as your foundation, nothing and nobody would ever have the power to fracture your married life together.

As Christian women, we should not be afraid to initiate intimacy with our spouse because God instituted marriage as a holy union in which we are free to explore the benefits of our innate sexual desires without committing adultery or fornication. Some of the most intense and loving examples of physical love are found in the Book of Song of Songs.

Maybe we could all benefit from reading such profound scriptures based upon King Solomon and the rapturous beauty of his beloved bride.

Song of Songs 1:16-17 (She) "How handsome you are, my beloved! Oh, how charming! And our bed is verdant." (He) "Beams of our house are cedars; our rafters are firs."

Song of Songs 4:9-11~"You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace. 10 How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume more than any spice! 11 Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb, my bride; milk and honey are under your tongue. The fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon."

I encourage all married Christians, men and women to read the entire chapters of Song of Songs as a source of inspiration for understanding the true essence and spiritual power of love and intimacy; as well as the importance of praying together as one unit based on various other chapters pertaining to marriage. Here are a couple of Biblical scriptures to begin your quest for divine wisdom and unconditional love in pursuing a happy married life:

1 Peter 3:7~"Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered."

1 Corinthians 13:4-8~"Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away."

I humbly ask our Heavenly Father to repair all broken marriages and to draw couples closer to Him. I pray for unity and love amongst couples and all of mankind to be inspired and lifted up to the highest heights of successful Christian living and married life. I ask all these things in the Holy Spirit and Name of our Savior Jesus Christ...praise You God...thank You Almighty Father... Amen~

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print