Acts 2:47 Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

At the same time, they praised God and had the good will of all the people. Every day the Lord saved people, and they were added to the group.
(Acts 2:47 God's Word)

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary gives these two definitions for the word spread: "to cover or overlay something with; to prepare or furnish for dining." We as believers are to tell others about Jesus in our lives. As we are, all unbelievers need to be covered over with the blood of Jesus; they need His life to be overlaid on theirs so that they may live out their purpose for their being on this earth. But, first, they must be prepared, and that process begins with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit must first furnish an unbeliever's heart with that mustard seed of faith that will help them to see Jesus for who He really is. Once that is done, then they can sit with Jesus and dine with Him under the new covenant. But what good is the Spirit's preparing a heart for salvation if no one who already knows Jesus as Lord and Savior opens their mouth to the lost? True, the Spirit of God doesn't really need our help, but He does demand it. Our fears of telling a lost soul about Jesus are baseless when it is not our strength that we should be witnessing in in the first place. One word from us, even just the name Jesus, may be all that is needed for an unbeliever to accept what the Spirit has already been telling him/her in the process of preparing their heart for salvation and glory. I have been strengthened in my Spirit to witness more to others because I know that I cannot fail. As we have learned in this class, Jesus does the work; we are only to be His voice in a dark and dying world. The light of the world has shown Himself to all believers. It is time to throw the switch so those who don't believe see Him too.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print