Praying Before Witnessing
by Bobby Bruno

To pray is to bring the power of God into your witness. God has given you a testimony to tell others, but how to use that testimony is up to God. The only way to find out what God needs to use of your testimony in your witness is by praying for the wisdom to speak only the words that need to be said to bring your conversation to the point of a choice for or against Jesus Christ. God will lead the unbeliever's heart to acceptance of Christ.

If we do not pray for the strength and wisdom of God before witnessing then we will stumble in our words and sound as if we have no idea what we are talking about. This could leave the unbeliever more confused and skeptical about his need for Jesus. People usually won't listen for too long if they have to think too much; confused explanations only add to the lack of attention in others to hear what is being spoken. Jesus said, "Where two or three are gathered, there I am." Praying for or with the person you are witnessing to will bring Jesus into the conversation where He can now begin to guide your words and melt the heart of the hearer. Only Jesus can bring salvation to another. By praying first, we take ourselves out of the equation to let Jesus be in the lead.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print