Err in Judgment
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever discovered, to your dismay, that something was not what it seemed to be?
I have. This is a 'Once upon a time' remembrance....

My engagement was official and my fianc wanted to take me home to meet his Mother and Daddy. It would not be a drive across town, but a drive from the Northeast-to-the Deep South.

He decided to go 'Greyhound' and leave the driving to them. It would be a Thanksgiving holiday trip, giving him the opportunity to celebrate with his family and introduce his future bride.

I viewed different scenery and marked changes in voice accents along the way. There was another first. At a cafeteria-style restaurant, I chose pumpkin pie for my desert. I had a shock.

What seemed, by all appearances, to be pumpkin pie, was in fact sweet potato pie. Things are not always, as they seem. I was dead wrong about that pie.

People can err in judgment on crucial life issues.

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death (Proverbs 14:12 NKJ)."

I would say that's an important warning, wouldn't you?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23 NKJ)." I choose life. I choose Christ Jesus.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print