Only Sleeping
by PamFord Davis

We have heard it, said it or at least thought of it seriously.

He or she looks like they're only sleeping.

Yet; we know the loved one or friend has died.

Seeing the deceased looking so peaceful is a blessing to survivors.

My Sister, Donna has been gone for nine years. Her family and friends remember her and 'miss' her. On the theme of only sleeping, her funeral and lifelong preferences in apparel, come to mind.

Donna preferred flannel shirts and blue jeans. In sleepwear, her favorite was frog print p.j.s'. When her children made plans for her funeral, they made a radical but appropriate decision.

She wore her new frog pajamas and a satin white robe. She was beautiful and did look like she was sleeping.

Sometimes, sleeping and death intermingle. Listen to this conversation between Jesus and his disciples:

"Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of his sleep.' Then said his disciples, 'Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead (John 11:11b-14 KJV)." God would get the glory through Lazarus death and resurrection.

I glory in God and in the remembrance of Donna, truly a 'sleeping beauty.'

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print