Faithful at work
by Grace Tom-Lawyer

"And since our first duty is to be faithful to the one we work for". - 1 Corinthians 4:2 CEV
"Now the most important thing about a servant is that he does just what his master tells him to do". 1 Corinthians 4:2 TLB
"The requirements of a guide are reliability and accurate knowledge".-1 Corinthians 4:2 MSG

We should also be faithful at work. An unnecessary line of distinction is usually drawn between our secular jobs and work done at church with the erroneous notion that the latter is more important but all our work is unto God who is present at all times and expects faithfulness. We are not doing it to be seen by people nor doing it for a pay cheque rather our work ethics should reflect the excellence of the God we so claim to serve. Our integrity at work should be unquestionable and our dependability unwavering. Our bosses should be sorry to see us leave and our colleagues should always have a sense of joy working with us. If we handover at the end of our shifts, it should not be with a myriad of duties which should have been covered under our shift. This is not to say that we will always be appreciated because sometimes we will even be criticized because we are doing things well. This work ethics includes coming to work on time .This work could even mean staying at home, taking care of kids, washing the dishes or doing the laundry but God expects we do it with excellence. It may be menial, not the kind of job we think we should be doing however one of the true test of greatness is doing the little things well, even when we are not applauded.

Also the TLB translation says that the servant should do just what his master tells him to do. If you have ever supervised at any level, you may have felt the frustration of people not doing what they have been asked to do.
I like also the Message translation that says one should have reliability and accurate knowledge. We need to do to take the time to acquire accurate and up to date information about our areas of expertise in our jobs as this will not only keep us relevant and indispensable but enable the delivery of better service which ultimately is faithfulness.

Grace Tom-Lawyer  is a writer who lives in the United Kingdom  and loves to share a message that brings dignity to the lives of people with a passion for the  practical application of Biblical truths in  everyday living. 
 2014 Grace Tom-Lawyer.  All rights reserved.  
wwwflourish.blogspot.co.uk

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print