The Role of the Holy Spirit in the Apostle Paul's Ministry
by Bobby Bruno

The cruciform character of God/Jesus secured Paul in that, through the death, blood, and resurrection of Christ, he was secure in knowing that he was free from the stain of sin, and thus free to proclaim it without fear of dishonoring Jesus or God. As Jesus did, Paul had choices to make concerning his continued life over the continuing of proclaiming Jesus wherever he went. Everytime a choice had to be made, Paul always made the one that would bring Jesus glory and not Paul. Paul followed the Spirit's leading at every turn.

In his ministry, we see the Holy Spirit leading Paul from town to town, even keeping him from entering those towns the Spirit didn't want him to preach at for whatever reason. In Acts 16:6-8, we see an example of this leading by the Holy Spirit, "Paul and Silas went through the regions of Phrygia and Galatia because the Holy Spirit kept them from speaking the word in the province of Asia. They went to the province of Mysia and tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus wouldn't allow this. So they passed by Mysia and went to the city of Troas" (GW). Paul was very sensitive to the Holy Spirit and was obedient to Him every step of the way.

In the doctrine I believe about Jesus Christ, and the ministries I am involved in, I always want the Spirit to lead me so that everything He wants accomplished through me gets accomplished. Any other way would be against my own will and I feel uncomfortable if I waver from the Spirit's leading. I love God's plan for humanity and always pray that more and more of it would place their faith in Jesus Christ. That is the goal of my life.

References

Gobis, T. (2010). Paul: a guide for the perplexed. New York, NY: T&T Clark International.

Scripture marked (GW) is taken from GOD'S WORD, 1995 God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print