Abortion: Why All the Killing?
by Bobby Bruno

There is no greater hot topic today than is abortion. Many rage over its continuance, while at the same time many use it to continue their free life of immorality and sin. Abortion is used for no other reason than for the child's parents to free themselves from the burden of a baby, so they may continue to party on into the night. It is used by men and women who feel that they should be allowed to have sex without the burden of the human product sex produces; unfortunately, this includes children who shouldn't be have sexual intercourse at all.

Why is abortion such a bad thing, some ask? It's my life and I should be able to do whatever I want with it, including when I want to start a family. It is amazing all of the consciousness's that are seared, even when it comes to ending a human life. Women and the men who let them only see what today has for them instead of looking into tomorrow through the eyes of truth to see what might have been had the abortion not taken place. How did all of these minds get seared enough to want to kill and murder? The Bible says clearly in 1 Timothy 4:2 -- "These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead (seared (cauterized)/ AMP))" (NLT).

The importance of this issue cannot be denied. Too many lives are being lost through the ignorance of people who only care about their own lives and not the lives the aborted unborn might have had. Too many people forget that God created life to be lived, not snuffed out before it even has a chance to begin. In 1 Timothy 4:4, Paul states the truth taught to him by Jesus Christ: "Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks. Nothing is to be sneered at and thrown out" (MSG). But that is exactly what men and women do every day with the flesh of an unborn, human baby.

Just how bad is abortion? How many babies are denied life thanks to people who are ungrateful to God for their parents allowing them to have life? Let's look at the statistics from a June 2013 article put out by Abort73.com and see just how bad things really are. Between 1973 and 2008, 50 million legal abortions were performed just in the U. S. alone. New York, Florida, and Texas are the top three states where the most abortions were performed legally in 2009. Thankfully, abortions began to decline in the 1990's, even though the United States of America was the number one culprit, leading all other nations in abortions performed.

But who are having abortions and for what reasons? Again, according to Abort73.com, 85% (2009) of the abortions were performed on unmarried women. Women ages 25-29 are the age group with the most abortions in 2009, while ages 15 and under counted for .05% of the abortion total, but that is because most in these girls gave birth to their babies.

So, who is speaking up for these aborted babies? The problem in trying to give both sides of the issue a chance to be explained is very hard to do when the one side opposing abortions are dying before they even have a chance to breathe on their own. Those who are sticking up for the lives of the unborn the most are Christian organizations who believe that God created life and holds it in high esteem. Christians believe that life is sacred and holy, and that only God has the right to take it away from us. There are many organizations opposed to abortion. These organizations include: 40 Days for Life (40daysforlife.com); American College of Pediatricians (www.acpeds.org); and Children of God for Life (www.cogforlife.org).

Who is against stopping abortions? Certainly not the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), who speaks out very forth-rightly for those who want to do whatever they want to do with their lives. One of the most vocal rights for women is the activist group National
Organization for Women (NOW) who believes that a woman has the right to do with her body and its contents that she wants, including the life growing in her. Even President Barak Obama is for abortion. On May 29, 2008, during his campaign for President, he said, "I have two daughters. I'm going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." If our own President is for abortion and would let his own daughters abort an unwanted child, then what chance do we have of ever getting Roe vs. Wade overturned?

Here's where I stand. I stand with the millions of children that never had a chance to live the life that God gave them to live. I stand for those who are fighting the fight for life. I stand with the American Center for Law and Justice; an organization that fights for the God-given rights that our Creator endowed to us when He created man and woman to be equal partners in subduing and taking care of the earth. At 17, my own daughter decided to have her baby and now I have a beautiful granddaughter because of her brave decision. God gave us life, who are we to throw it away like last week's trash? Again, I give us 1 Timothy 4:4: "Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks. Nothing is to be sneered at and thrown out" (MSG).

References

(2013). U.S. abortion statistics. Retrieved from: http://www.abort73.com/abortion_ facts/us_abortion_statistics/

(n. d.). Should abortion be legal? Retrieved from http://abortion.procon.org/?gclid=CISv- P_HibkCFSHNOgodRggA3A

(n. d.) Anti-abortion directory. Retrieved from: http://www.abortionreason.com/ antiabortion- organizations.php

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print