Psalm 139 "Get your house in order B4 you go next door!"
by Mark E Crossley

Psalm 139 is a great passage of scripture we ALL need to read once every so often however for the purpose of this article I have taken certain extracts from the whole chapter but as always you should always read the whole passage for yourself for its entire context.

"O Lord you have searched me and know me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; you understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.
Where can I go from your Spirit or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascent into heaven you are there, If I make my bed in hell behold you are there. Search me O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxieties and see if there is any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting"

Wordnet defines search a as "The activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something"

God is one person that knows us better than we know ourselves, he knows what we have done and what we will do and if we need to find out what is holding us back why not ask the person who knows us best as we cannot hide things from God.

The song "From a distance" written by Julie Gold concludes with these lyrics "It's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves, this is the song of every man. And God is watching us, God is watching us, God is watching us from a distance".

We can fool man, we can fool ourselves but we cannot fool God as HE is watching us from afar and often wants to confront our sin often to make us more like HIM daily.

HE knows our inner most thoughts when we cannot disclose this to others; HE is there to understand and guide us. For some this may scare them for others this is a reassurance.

Here are a couple of questions we could ask ourselves that relate to Psalm 139:

Do you get your house in order before you criticise others?
How often do you search your own heart to see what is holding you back and take steps to amend it?
Do you ask God to show you things that do not please him, if not why not?
Is your behaviour that of what Christ Jesus would want for your life?
Do you think your house is running okay and there are no need to get the microscope out?
Do you want to get out of your comfort zone, have your life put on the spot light and be stretched in your spiritual journey?
How often do you do go on a detox taking out foods that are not good for you?
How often do you go through the house, looking for things or material that maybe holding you back i.e. magazines, bills that remind you of debt, you need to look and ask God to point out things and once you have done this you will feel better - once a month is a good time limit?

Lord Jesus, examine my heart today O Lord, show me areas I need to deal with, help me in the way of everlasting to continue to praise you with the life you have given me. Amen.




If you have any comments, queries or suggestions regarding this article please do not hesitate to contact me by email at 
[email protected]. Thank You.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print