From the Beginning to ADD
by Melissa Owens

Several years ago on a beautiful sunny evening I was helping my third grader with his homework. For some odd reason, I noticed he needed to be redirected every few minutes. Why couldn't he work independently like other children his age?

Over the next few years I would keep wondering why he seemed to be so unorganized and so unable to concentrate. It was during this time that I continued to ask God to help me find the answer.

Finally, during his eighth grade year I met with a group of his teachers, and we came to the conclusion that he might have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). Next, we began the process of talking to his pediatrician, who, by the way, did not agree with having him tested for ADD. As a result, we took him to a local university for testing and found a pediatrician who specialized in testing for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and ADD. Both agreed that he had ADD.

Had I not yielded to the Holy Spirit, I do not feel that my son's diagnosis would have been made. Because of it, his grades have improved, and he is able to focus and be better organized.

My advice to any mother who has a child is to follow your motherly instinct if your child is experiencing a problem. Yield to the Holy Spirit. Even though the end result is rewarding, the Spirit will especially guide you through any stumbling blocks you may experience along the way.

Melissa Owens works as a church secretary and a child care worker during the day.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print