Son of Man and Son of God
by Bobby Bruno

Son of Man

Prophet: as Son of Man, Jesus was thought of as "the" greatest prophet of all prophets who had lived.

Authority: As the Son of Man, Jesus was claiming authority over the human race He created.

Humanity: As Son of Man, Jesus was claiming His place as fully human by putting on flesh and, through His divinity, proclaimed the Kingdom of God.

Son of God

Equality with God: As the Son of God, Jesus was claiming that He was equal with the God of the universe, and as God, could forgive sins and could perform miracles.

Combined with the title Son of Man, Son of God shows Jesus' divine and human natures: As the Son of God, Jesus was proclaiming that He was fully God, while at the same time being fully man.

By God's own admonition Christ is His Son: Two times God spoke from the heavens and proclaimed to all who could hear that Jesus was, indeed, His Son and should be listened to and followed.

Comment: "He felt pain (Hebrews 2:18)."

Author Response: Of all the wonderful things Jesus has done for me the fact that He felt pain in His own body, and was moved by those who had pain in their own bodies and minds, helped me to overcome my horrendous, painful past. The fact that Jesus, whose pain on the cross was something I will never have to face, knows just how much pain I went through for all of those years before He reached down and called me to Himself. He saw my pain and had great compassion on me and took me by the hand to show me a better life filled with joy, happiness and prosperity in Christ. If Jesus had felt no pain would He still have been a compassionate towards me? If Jesus had spent His time on earth pain-free, I believe that He would not have been able to understand my hurt and pain. I thank God that He allowed Jesus to become fully human so that He could know just what its like to be human in its entirety. No other One could ever know how it feels to be 100% human because as a human, He had the Father 100% in His heart to see Him through the pain and suffering He was going to go through as fully human. We are only truly human when we allow 100% of God to infiltrate our lives 100% of the time. Thankfully, God has given us Jesus and His Holy Spirit to fill us with a much percentage as we wish to hold. As frail humans, we may not reach 100% fill-age in our lifetimes, but it's sure nice to know that God's 100% is there.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print