C.O.L.O.R.S. OF HIS BOW
by Buife Nomeh

Growing up, I heard about this colorful circle (usually seen as an arc) that appears in the sky when an "intended" heavy downpour somehow ends in a drizzle. They called it a rainbow. I was about seven years old when I saw my first rainbow. I talked about it with the other kids I was with, each of us sharing the different stories we've heard about the rainbow.

It wasn't until the year 2010 that I knew the real story behind the rainbow. I had just given my life to Jesus at the beginning of that year and the insatiable hunger to know Him more and more filled my being. Every minute of the day, I wanted to know Him and please Him more so, my bible became my most important possession. I read and studied it - a lot. Thankfully, I got to read the story of Noah. From the pre-ark time to the time they were in the ark to the post-ark time after the flood. Reading on, I dug out a great treasure. It laid in the 9th chapter of the book of genesis, from the eighth verse to the seventeenth:
"And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, and I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; and with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between Me and all flesh that is upon the earth." (Genesis 9:8-17, KJV)

And this got me thinking. When I was seven (and probably at some other points before), the Lord has had a reason to grieve and regret ever creating man so much that He wanted to drown us all once again with water. I thought of the many times the rainbow had appeared in the sky and each time, reminding God (like Moses did when He wanted to destroy all the Israelites in the wilderness) of His Word, His covenant and His faithfulness causing God to withdraw His wrath. I thought, if there was no such covenant, how many times over would God have destroyed the earth with flood. I thought, would I have been among those that would be in the ark or no, would anybody have found favor in God enough that God would instruct him/her to build an ark or more, was there someone who could have trusted God enough and obeyed Him by building an ark when instructed?

We see God keeping the covenant He made all by Himself everytime we see a rainbow in the sky. We see Him fulfilling His promise to us in those beautiful colors. He displays His awe for us in His bow. Can you remember how many times you've looked up at the rainbow in the sky and suddenly had a great smile plastered all over your face? That's the joy that stems from knowing that God is faithful.

I do not know what He has promised you or what you maybe waiting on Him for. But one thing I know; "God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19, KJV) and two there be; "God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God." (Psalm 62:11, KJV)

God is a covenant keeping God. He'll always remain true to His Word and promises but, we need to also keep our own part of the covenant. We need to wait on Him. Though we are yet to see the rain, keep building the ark He's asked you to. Are you already in the ark and the downpour seems as though it's not going to stop, abide still. Keep doing the will of God. Continue to treasure His precepts. Continue to hate sin. Do not fail or forget God, He wouldn't do that to you. Remember the colors of His bow? So shall the manifestation of His promises to you be - colorful and beautiful and all eyes shall gaze at you smiling at the beauty of Jesus they see in you.

All Rights Reserved,  Copyright 2014 by Buife Nomeh.

Buife lives in Nigeria. She loves to share the knowledge of the love of God for man with others.
She blogs at http://thegodkindoflove.blogspot.com

Article can be used for Christian purposes without permission. Please keep the copyright intact.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print