I Brace Myself
by PamFord Davis

It's a reflex reaction; if the driver of the vehicle I'm riding in steps on the breaks to avert an accident, I brace myself by grasping the dashboard. Every time I think of that response, memories of my Sister, Donna, flood my mind.

Donna lived in Ankara, Turkey for two years, along with her husband and two young children. It was not easy being an Air Force wife; she was far from home, family and safe highways. Taxi and bus operators were reckless drivers and their lack of restraint traumatized her.

On her return to the States, she brought with her the fear of being a passenger. She frequently white knuckled the dashboard. She was bracing herself for the worst, which never materialized. Donna was safer here in America, because most drivers attempt to follow the rules of the road.

As we travel roads of difficulty, we have additional protection. We do not realize how many times angels 'brace us' for what we are about to encounter. "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation (Hebrews 1:14 NAS)?"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print