Old Testament Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

One of the biggest questions being asked around the world today is "What is going on? Why does the world seem as if it is on its way to destruction? Why is my life so empty and void, and what am I to do with my life anyway? What am I missing?" Many questions like these are being asked by those don't know the truth of God. The Devil has so deceived and confused people that most don't know where to turn for the answers to their questions. Satan has even made it so that some people won't even listen to someone who does have the answers to their questions. Yes, we should always point people to Jesus for salvation, but we should also point them to the Old Testament for there will they find the answers they seek.

The Old Testament is where you initially find out just what is going on in the world today, and where all of the trouble started in the first place. Here we have the creation of earth and man to answer the question "Where do I come from?" It is here where we God first gave man the purpose for His existence, answering the question of "Why am I here?" It is here where man fell into sin answering the question "Why am I so depressed, angry, and miserable all of the time?", and "Why do I keep on doing bad things that I don't want to do?" This could go on for ages, and it has. Even today people are still asking the same questions, and are still seeking the answers to these questions. The Old Testament is more than just a book of old stories that no one outside the church of Christ seems to think are true.

The Old Testament is the collection of writings from God whereby He continually shows us just how much He loves us from creation to death, from time to eternity, and from the grave of death to the promise of eternal life. Yes, the New Testament is the greatest collection of writings ever written and published. But reading the New Testament without studying the Old is like reading a book from the last two pages to the end; you miss 98% of why the book was written in the first place Jesus Christ. For it is in the pages of the Old that you become aware of Jesus and His workings in the world before He physically came to save us. Again, reading the New without studying the Old is like reading about the life of Christ from the time He was 32 until His death. Sure, you may see a few miracles and how He rose from the dead, but you would miss the purpose for why He had to die. And, I believe that you would miss out on the greatest fact of God and Jesus Christ that mankind could ever know; something you would miss out on if you never studied, or even read, the Old Testament. I believe that you would miss out on the great love that God has for His creation and the reason why He created us in the first place. Only in the Old Testament could you find the answers to your deepest innermost question of all "Does God really love me?" Yes, the Old Testament is more than just a bunch of old stories, it is the way of life.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print