Acts 13:22, 36 Devotional
by Bobby Bruno

"He [God] raised up David to be their king, concerning whom He also testified and said, 'I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after my heart, who will do all my will'..for David after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, he died"
Acts 13:22, 36

I believe we always tend to look at the negatives about ourselves because, in our souls, we know that we were created for good not evil. So, when we do evil of any kind, whether large or small, we look at ourselves and wonder how we ever could have done what we did. Even if we don't know God, He has still placed inside of us His laws and ways. He has given us a conscience that lets us know right from wrong. I also believe that we tend to look at others people's mistakes and sins as a measure of how we stack up to the rest of humanity. We like to say to ourselves, "Yeah, but I'm not as bad as that guy over there. I don't steal things that aren't mine; I've never murdered anybody. Heck, I don't even smoke or drink!" (As if that qualifies us to be a good person!) We're too busy looking at others to see where we stand as good people, where we should be looking to God to see where we stand in His eyes as "good" people. We want to be reassured that we are not as bad as some people so we can feel good about ourselves and our lives. But only God can give us that reassurance, and only when we give Him control of our lives to show it to us.

Thankfully, we have a God who understands us better than we understand ourselves. He knows why we act the way we do. He knows that we are all trying to measure up to something outside ourselves, even if we don't always know what that something is. But, again thankfully, He does, and that is why He sent Jesus to show us the way of becoming good people. God loves us and wants us to forget the negatives that we and other people do and say. We have a positive God, which means we need to be positive Christians in a negative world. Jesus didn't come here to tell us how bad we are, not really. He came here to tell us how good God is and how God can give us a present and future life with a positive outlook. Yes, David messed up, and so do we. Even so, God still called David and man after His own heart, the apple of His eye, and He does so to us for making His Son ours.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print