Isaiah 9:1-7 Prophecy
by Bobby Bruno

1 But there will be no more gloom for the land that is in distress. God humbled the lands of Zebulun and Naphtali in earlier times. But in the future he will bring glory to the road by the sea, to the land across the Jordan River, to Galilee, where foreigners live. 2 The people who walk in darkness will see a bright light. The light will shine on those who live in the land of death's shadow. 3 You will expand the nation and increase its happiness. It will be happy in your presence like those who celebrate the harvest or rejoice when dividing loot. 4 You will break the yoke that burdens them, the bar that is across their shoulders, and the stick used by their oppressor, as {you did in the battle against} Midian. 5 Every warrior's boot marching to the sound of battle and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel in the fire. 6 A child will be born for us. A son will be given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. He will be named: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 His government and peace will have unlimited growth. He will establish David's throne and kingdom. He will uphold it with justice and righteousness now and forever. The LORD of Armies is determined to do this!
Isaiah 9:1-7 (GW)

In the New Testament these prophecies literally have, in Jesus' time, or will come true in the future. The first of these verses (1-5) will come true on the day that Jesus returns from Heaven and claims the world as His own. When He returns at the battle of Armageddon, Jesus will do away with His enemies and the blood that flows and floods the land will be higher than half the height of the battle horses. Israel will be returned to her land (finally all of it), and the nation will know Jesus as the Messiah they have been waiting for and should have recognized the first time He was here.

Jesus will be called Wonderful Counselor because He will give to those who take Him as Lord His Holy Spirit to teach and guide them in all righteousness and wisdom. Jesus is God in the flesh; the title of Mighty God shows that He is all powerful and is the God of the universe. Everlasting Father shows that Jesus, being God, has been around forever and will be with us forevermore into the future. As Prince of Peace, Jesus' reign on earth will be one of peace with God, peace with our neighbors, and peace with ourselves. In the birth as a child, Jesus came into this world in the same way every human does through the womb of a woman. Through this, God gave to the world His one and only Son. Jesus was given to us not only as a Son of God, but also as the redeemer and friend. When God "gave" Jesus to us, He was giving us Himself wrapped in flesh, and in this flesh He "gave" Himself in the only way possible to free us from our sins He gave Himself up in death. After that death, Jesus was raised back up to Heaven, and there He gave us His Holy Spirit, and even today He continually gives Himself up to us every time Satan accuses us to God and Jesus advocates for us by showing Satan the righteousness we have obtained through the blood and body of He gave us on the cross.

Verse seven speaks of not only the time after Jesus' death, but also the time to come until after the Millennium ends and the Kingdom of God is forever established on the new heavens and earth. Forty days after Jesus' death, He gave His disciples His Holy Spirit to grow the church in Christ's Name. Today, the church is still growing in unlimited numbers. Satan has not been able to stop this growth completely, though he has certainly slowed it down some in his attack against those who would someday call Jesus Lord. In the future, when Jesus returns, He will establish His kingdom on earth forever as David was promised. Jesus' justice will be true justice and will be based on the way of righteousness and truth. Jesus, who heavenly armies fight for us each day, will establish this kingdom and there is no one that can stand in His way. It will be accomplished.

Comment: "Explain verse seven? "Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end."When the Lord comes (the Second Coming) He will rule with love and peace forever."

Author Response: This may be one of the greatest promises of the Bible! Peace forever! Can you comprehend that! How will it feel to be thousands of years old without one bit of anger, evil, shootings, wars, killing, and on and on? How will it feel to not know a bad relationship with anybody; everyone always smiling and liking each other no matter what we look like or say? The mind cannot comprehend what a world in complete peace will be like. But, like all of us, I can't wait to find out! Merry Christmas, indeed!!!

Comment: "Verse seven of Isaiah 7 states His government will never end, He will rule for eternity, and His passionate commitment will make this happen."

Author Response: I think this verse really threw the Israelites for a loop. It made them look for a political Messiah who would throw down the Romans and finally bring peace and prosperity to the Israeli nation. They were truly looking for a mighty King who would take over and take down the Romans. But when they got this "lamb" they were flabbergasted and rejected this humble, non-violent man who could never bring down the mighty Romans. Even today, we still look for strength in others without seeing that their weaknesses may be the strongest part of them. Jesus' non-violent ways speak louder to me than do the words and deeds of a self-appointed strong man who believes and relies on his strength alone. The Prince of Peace was both humble and strong, especially in His words, for they could humble a person and strengthen him at the same time. Show me a strong man who speaks forth chaos and I will show you a man who can't get out of his own ego's way. Jesus' words bring forth life and in His weaknesses we are strong.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print