Messianic Prophecies
by Bobby Bruno

1. 42:1, 4 Jesus is God's Chosen One. Full of the Holy Spirit, Jesus will one day judge the nations and find them guilty of sin and idolatry. When He came here to earth, Jesus was tested by Satan and did not stumble or falter or give in to Satan's temptations. During His ministry, Jesus did not grow discouraged enough to stop His mission to the cross. Even though He had asked God if there was another way to save humanity, Jesus willingly went to the cross and took our sins upon Himself. Many who heard (and still hear) His words were encouraged, strengthened, and filled with hope of a future time when Christ would reign over all the earth in peace.

2. 52:15 The blood that Jesus shed on the cross will sprinkle over all the nations and some will remember, or hear, His words and will obey them and be saved. There will come a time when all of the books of heaven will be opened that were once closed (The Book of Revelation, for instance) and men will see things they had never seen nor heard from the mouth of Christ. In the Old Testament times, the books of the end times were closed to man, but, today, we have been shown what these times will bring and all that has yet to be fulfilled in God's plan for humanity.

3. 53:12 Because of Jesus' obedience, He will be given a Name that will rise among the greatest names history has ever known. As Sovereign King, Jesus will make some of the redeemed kings over lands on the new earth. This is made possible because Jesus gave His life in obedience to God's plan for His death, making Jesus ruler of all, giving Him the right to make rulers of many who will rule in peace and harmony, never knowing strife again.

4. 50:4-9 Through the Holy Spirit, God has given Jesus all the words He needed to say while here on earth. Each day, Jesus spoke only those words He heard from the Father. Because of this trust in God, Jesus willingly refused to let all that He had to go through on His way to the cross stop him, whether it was from beatings, spitting, mocking, or death on a cross, Jesus did not turn away or rebel against God's wishes. Jesus let the Priests and Pharisees mock Him and try Him because Jesus knew that God was His vindicator; and even though they put Him to death as an innocent man, Jesus' words of life continue to be spoken, while His guilty accusers' words and deeds will die out, as will their lives.

5. 11:3-5 Only with the righteousness of God will Jesus judge everything, not by His own eyes or ears, but by the Word of God. The words that Jesus speaks will save or condemn those who hear them. Righteousness and faithfulness are the two characteristics that will define Jesus' decision on who is to be saved or condemned. In the end, everyone saved and every part of creation, human and animal, will live in peace and harmony with each other. Babes will play with poisonous snakes and not get bitten. The full knowledge of God will fill all the earth from His holy mountain as the waters cover the sea. Sin will be no more on the earth.

6. 11:1, 10 From the family line of Jesse will come the One who will bear much fruit. That fruit will bring together many people from many nations to be one with the Lord. Jesus will come once again to reclaim his people back from Satan and the evil that is in the world. From all corners of the world will people come to accept Jesus as the Lord of Lords. Even today, Jesus is continuing to bring many to the cross from all walks of life and all the nations of the world.

7. 61:1-3 Jesus proclaimed that He was the long awaited Messiah. With these words, Jesus was telling His hearers that this was His mission in the world. These words came true as Jesus healed and saved many in His walk upon the earth. Jesus proclaimed that He was here to bring joy and peace to the nation of Israel, along with peace with its surrounding neighbors. But Jesus had a wider mission that went beyond these words, for Jesus' words were for the whole of the earth from then continuing into today. Jesus proclaimed that He would plant a seed that would show His glory and splendor that would be seen throughout all time. We still see this today in the changed hearts and lives of those who hear His still, small voice to come to Him and find rest and salvation through His forgiveness of sins.

8. 7:14 The people would know that the Messiah has arrived when they hear that a virgin has given birth to a baby not conceived by man, but by the Holy Spirit. This prophecy came true exactly as foretold. In Bethlehem a baby was born who was seen by many (shepherds and rulers (Magi)). Though the prophecy was given, not many in Israel believed it. Even after all the signs the prophets had given, Israel still did not believe that Jesus was their long awaited Messiah

9. 49:8 In the time to come, Jesus would find favor with Israel and restore her back to her land. This happened in 1948 when Israel once again was given nation status by the global community. This prophecy also has a future foretelling when the time of the Tribulation has ended and Jesus will finally give Israel all that was promised to her, along with peace and prosperity like she has never known.

10. 53:4-6 Because we have sinned, Jesus had to go to the cross to redeem us. On His way there He was falsely accused and was severely beaten to the point of death. In doing this, Jesus took upon Himself all of the pain and suffering that should have been ours for being disobedient to God all our lives. But in His sufferings for us, Jesus never once opened His mouth in defense of His words and deeds. No one stood beside Him to fight for His rights to a fair trial and He was judged guilty for doing absolutely nothing wrong. For our wrongdoing, which deserved our death, Jesus, an innocent man, went to the cross in our place and took upon Himself all the world's sins so that we could be freed from them, and could be placed back into God's kingdom once again.

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print