HOW MUCH VICTORY DO YOU WANT?
by Wangari Murathe

"Then he said, "Take the arrows," and he took them. And he said to the king of Israel, "Strike the ground," and he struck it three times and stopped. So the man of God was angry with him and said, "You should have struck five or six times, then you would have struck Aram until you would have destroyed it. But now you shall strike Aram only three times." (2 Kings 13: 18-19 N.I.V)

I was fascinated to read some facts about baseball: if the pitcher strikes (i.e. throws a ball the batter is unable to catch) three times, he is said to have performed "a hat trick" (or "punch out") and outs the batter. However if he strikes four times in a game, his performance is a "sombrero", five times- "platinum sombrero", and six times - a "titanium sombrero".

The King of Israel's ambition was to perform a "hat trick" which he thought would be sufficient to defeat Aram. But according to the man of God, defeating Aram would have taken striking five or six times.

What are you aiming for in life? The choice is yours; either to strike three times to just defeat the perceived might of the enemy, or more times so that you have potential for winning many more wars with as many enemies as want to do battle with you.
In legal terms somebody who commits a crime three times or more is a habitual offender. You need to become a habitual winner. For this you need to fight many more battles, but do not limit yourself out of fear God is on your side.

You are in this world not just to conquer it, but lead it to the eternal Glory.

*****
"Commitment is a big part of what I am and what I believe. How committed are you to winning? How committed are you to being a good friend? To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There's that moment every morning when you look in the mirror: Are you committed, or are you not?" ~ LeBron James
*****


Copyright Wangari Murathe. All rights reserved.
Wangari Murathe has a passion for inspiration and empowerment through Christian writing. Visit  http://www.faithfood.net/  for more Daily Devotionals and inspirational Christian stories and articles. She can also be contacted at [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print