The Missing Link
by PamFord Davis

I wear costume jewelry, because like styling my hair and applying makeup, it makes me feel pampered. Chain link necklaces are of no use if a link is broken or missing. In the spreading of the gospel, each Christian is a significant link. If apart from others, His church-the body of Christ's outreach and ministry will be lacking. When working together, His kingdom will grow.

Andrew was not the 'missing link.' He was present and persuasive in bringing people to Jesus. "One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. And he brought him to Jesus (John 1:40-42a KJV)."

Bible readers recognize Andrew as the disciple who brought people to his Lord. "One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him, There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves and two small fishes: but what are they among so many (John 6:8-9 KJV). Andrew, to his credit, saw possibilities in linking the lad to Jesus. Though doubtful, he took action.

Doubts disappeared. Andrew took part in the distribution of the boy's lunch. Miraculously, through Jesus, the disciples served a filling meal to a multitude of at least five thousand. When finished, Jesus' disciples gathered twelve baskets of leftovers. (John 6:12-13) Link up with other believers in evangelism. Feed hungering multitudes the sustaining word of God!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print