Praying Through the Scriptures - John 8
by

Heavenly Father, I dont know what Jesus wrote on the ground, but I know the effect. It convicted the scribes and Pharisees of their sin. Father, I know that I sin, too. Sometimes I dont realize it, and I need your Holy Spirit to point out my sin to me. Help me to listen to your Spirit and to readily acknowledge my sin and repent of it.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for saving me, rather than condemning me. Help me to sin no more.

Help me, Jesus, to follow you and walk in the light.

O God, how could the Pharisees not accept Jesus testimony? You testified about Jesus; the Scriptures testified about him. How could they not see that? I can ask those questions and, yet, I know that I do not have perfect understanding, either. Like them, I grew up believing in you. But, it was many years before I truly understood what Jesus crucifixion and resurrection really means for me. I, too, was blinded by the world and Satan until the day you removed those blinders, and I saw myself for who I truly am. Thank you, Father, for revealing yourself to me and for revealing myself to me.

O Lord Jesus, I do believe that you are the Messiah the scribes and Pharisees were waiting for. Thank you for paying the penalty for my sins so that I will not die in them.

Help me, Father, to speak the things I hear from you. Help me not to keep your good news to myself.

Help me, O God, to always do the things that are pleasing to you. Help me to guard my eyes and my ears to ensure only images and words that are pleasing to you enter therein. Help me to think on things that please you, the heavenly things about which Paul wrote.

Thank you, Lord, for setting me free from the slavery of sin. I am free indeed! I can never thank you enough for that.

Lord, there was a time when your words found little or no place in me and I was attracted to the voice of Satan and the world, instead of your voice. I did not want to do the will of your Father; I wanted to do my will, and the two were incompatible. But now, praise God, I am of God and I do hear the truth you speak!

Father, if you had not drawn me to Jesus, I, too, would be unable to understand that Jesus is the Messiah. Because he is, I will not die a spiritual death. Oh, I know I will die physically, but that is not important, except as it marks the entry into my blissful and long awaited eternity with you. That is what is important, the fact that I will live eternally with you instead of being separated forever from you! Thank you, God, thank you!

Help me, O God, to live now as you want me to live. Rule me now as you will for all eternity.

In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2007, Star Ferdinand.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print