God's Providence
by Susan Ferguson

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28 KJV). 


Sometimes life is hard, a death occurs, a family crisis happens, or the job ends.  When trials befall us, life can seem out of control, and it is hard to imagine any good coming from them.  We do not always understand why they happen, and we can become anxious or discouraged.  All the while, God’s providence is at work bringing about His will for our lives and His glory.    


Our Heavenly Father governs the world, upholding heaven and earth by His power, yet a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice.  Our lives are not left to the whims of chance. We are created by God, who calls us by name (Isaiah 43:1) and knows the number of hairs on our head (Matthew 10:30). 


Joseph, the favored son of Jacob, is a good example of God’s providence and how He can take the worst possible circumstance and turn it into something good.  Joseph was thrown into a pit and sold to slave traders by his jealous brothers, taken to Egypt and sold to an officer of Pharaoh named Potiphar, falsely accused of misconduct by Potiphar’s wife, and cast into prison.  Throughout it all, Joseph was faithful to God and chose to trust Him.  And God blessed him with success.  After interpreting Pharaoh’s dreams, Joseph rose to prominence as the highest official under him.  During Egypt’s seven-year famine, he was responsible for saving many lives, including his brothers, who had come from Canaan to buy grain.  Joseph reconciled with them and reunited with his father Jacob, who moved the family to Egypt.  Joseph understood that what his brothers intended for harm, God intended for good. 


You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives  (Genesis 50:20 NIV).


Father, thank You for Joseph’s example of faithfulness during hard circumstances and for trusting You through it all.  Thank You that You can bring good out of any trial we face.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.




Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print