Stitched With Love
by David Story

I knew her name a month before I met her.

When I first started my job at the Christian Bookstore where I am presently employed, everyone there spoke of Penny.

"Oh, you'll like Penny," they'd say, "she's really nice. She's on vacation right now.

It wasn't until a month later when Penny came back from 'vacation,' that I learned that she was vacating with her husband, who worked in Iraq.

And it wasn't until later I found out that Penny's son had died during a battle in Afghanistan, a battle that incurred while her son's battalion were waiting at a Landing Zone after completing their mission. A mission that included taking food to Afghani civilians.

And it wasn't until a year later (today), that I found myself visiting Penny's church, and watching with tears as she received a quilt made by some very special women.

A quilt made in honor of her son, Phillip.

A quilt made with love and care that has been carried and passed from from generation to generation, and from conflict to conflict, since the Civil War.

A quilt made for the fallen.

I don't know what your plans are for this Fourth of July. I don't even know what my plans are. But I know this: my thoughts and my prayers will be with Penny...and all of those like her...those who have lost the ones they love, while they helped defend, the country that I love.

Thank you, Penny.

-----

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.
- John 15:13 (ESV)

----------

__________

Whispers is now available in paperback:
Purchase your copy:
http://www.amazon.com/Whispers-David-Story/dp/1615792643/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263831037&sr=8-1

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print