The Knock
by Jack Vorster

Someone is standing at your door. If this particular person knocks on your door and you lend him an ear and do what he says, you will be given a very special seat with the world at your feet for the rest of your life. Please be in expectation of that knock as you keep on reading, for it will surely come.

After Noah and his family stepped out of the Ark and released all the animals, little did they know that the generations of their offspring, running in the billions, would war, kill and plunder - and that millions upon millions would die of sicknesses, diseases, hunger and natural disasters.

They also did not know that their unseen foe, Satan, would resume where he left off before the flood and, in effect, be the actual cause of all the conflict and misery on this planet.

And then along came Jesus. He came for one purpose only and that was to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom of God on earth. This what He preached nothing more, nothing less. "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because he anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor: He hath sent me to proclaim release to the captives, And recovering of sight to the blind, To set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." (Luke 4:18,19)

What did this mean? It meant that He came to replace the reign of Satan' kingdom of darkness over mankind with the reign of God's Kingdom. "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" (Col 1:13)

Because of Adam's transgression, death and all of its by-products conflict, war, hatred, greed, poverty, sin, sicknesses and diseases reigned over us. In other words, Satan held sway over the affairs of men, but Jesus came to turn it around. "For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Rom 5:17)

Notice that we received an ABUNDANCE OF GRACE and the gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS from God so that we might REIGN in life by and through Jesus Christ.

Not only that, but after Jesus died on the Cross we were raised together with Him and we are now seated in heavenly places from where we have our daily conversation and conduct our lives here on earth. "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" (Eph 2:4-5)

We are REIGNING on earth together with Jesus from our place in heaven. Our sins have been blotted out and our sicknesses and diseases were nailed to the Cross. We are reigning NOW NOT only someday when we get to heaven. And if we are reigning now in this life, then we are OVERCOMERS.

And because we are reigning NOW we can do what Jesus requires us to do NOW while we remain physically present on earth. We are not a secret society and we not live private Christian lives. We are to shout it from the rooftops. We are not timid little creatures. We have power from on high. The Kingdom of God is within us and we reign on earth as sons and daughters of the Most High God with great POWER and AUTHORITY, "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." (1Cor 4:20)

Jesus demonstrated the REIGN of God's Kingdom for 3 years - "But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you." (Matt 12:28) - and only then did He die on the Cross in order for us to ENTER IN and be partakers of that REIGN of God's Kingdom.

We are now to do likewise to demonstrate the Kingdom.
"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you." (John 20:21)
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." (John 14:12)

Yes, we are disciples of Jesus in His Kingdom and we have a mission to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom. "And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." (Mt 10:7,8)

We are not seated in heavenly places in front of a television set to watch soap operas and the daily message they convey to the world free sex, adultery, divorce, conflict, strife, anger, jealousy bitterness and revenge. We are there because we have been set free from captivity to these things under our former master and we now have a new Master under whose reign we now serve in His Kingdom here on earth. "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." (Rom 8:37)

By God's Grace through faith we are saved. By God's Grace through faith we are healed. By God's Grace through faith we are blessed with all spiritual blessings. By God's Grace through faith we prosper financially even as our soul prospers. We are OVERCOMERS.

And by God's Grace through faith we received the gift of righteousness, which means that we are to live in peace and with joy without a care in the world. "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Rom 14:17)

If all of the above is true, then why are so many of us smitten with serious ailments, struggling to make ends meet and at risk of being the victims of crime? Should we not be reigning in life as per God's promises? Surely with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit living inside of us we should overcome all of the fiery darts of the devil, not so?

Could it be that, despite being saved, we have as yet not entered the Kingdom of God because we have failed to grasp the reality of the Kingdom in the here and now as Jesus preached and that He is waiting for us, as citizens of the Kingdom, to start reigning in life?

Concerning all of our needs and desires being met, Jesus was speaking to us, as believers, when He said, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Mt 6:33)

This simply means that we are to wake up to the reality of the truth that God's Kingdom is already established on earth and to let Jesus take over the reins of our lives so that He could reign through us as we minister to others who are in need of deliverance. Yes, it is true. You will REIGN in life and be an OVERCOMER if you let Jesus reign through you. Jesus said, "I have overcome the world." Therefore, we should "have peace and be of good cheer." He also said, "I am with you always."

Although, as believers, we are seated in heavenly places, there is a very SPECIAL PLACE for those of us who have entered the Kingdom and are reigning in life in good health and prosperity because we have accepted God's gift of Grace freely given to us.

Want to know where that place is? Read carefully the next paragraph. It speaks of Jesus standing outside of our blind, man-made church environment - appealing to us to allow Him in so that we may SEE and ENTER the Kingdom and be OVERCOMERS in life right here on earth.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." (Rev 3:20,21)

Wow! What a place to be, sitting WITH Jesus in His throne while the two of you reign over all things here on earth, free of sicknesses and diseases and poverty as the two of you go about the business of proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom of God setting the captives free, healing the sick, bringing recovery of sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, raising the dead and casting out devils.

Are you beginning to hear the knock? Go ahead and open the door. Someone wants to dine with you and give you a very special seat in life. This seat will be yours at home, in the workplace in the city, on the farm in the country, at the supermarket and wherever you are at any time - under the full protection of the One with Whom you are seated.

Are you ready to be an overcomer?

Now retired, Jack Vorster has a background in marketing in the field of newspaper advertising. As a result of a life-changing experience he turned his attention to the study of the human make-up and the realities connected to human behaviour based on the Word of God. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print