Unchanging
by Taylor Hoisington

Psalm 46:1-3, "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! Interlude."

What a powerful verse!

Have you ever stopped to remember that God is our firm foundation?

I was thinking about this verse tonight mainly because of all the changes that have been happening in my life and in the lives of people I know. So much has been changing! People are graduating from high school and starting new chapters in their lives. Others have come to a place of having something they've done for years come to a close and now are in a place of not being sure what the next chapter holds. For others, they are having opportunities arise in their lives and are being faced with the decision of either staying where they are at or going to a new place.

In some ways, I like change. In other ways, change is difficult for me.

I love when God opens new doors for me to walk through. When He closes doors, however, I have a harder time with that. I'm also coming to find that when He closes doors in other people's lives, it affects me. I don't always like that they're being called away.

The reason Psalm 46:1-3 is so comforting to me is because it reminds me that even if the worst thing imaginable happens, God is still my refuge and my strength. Even if everything familiar to me is gone, God still remains, and He is unchanging.

My world can be turned upside down, yet He will still be my refuge and strength.

When I focus on all the changes, I sometimes am overwhelmed and sad because I remember what was or what I hoped could be. Yet, when I look at my unchanging God, I have peace that He is in control, and I don't have to fear.

If you're in a place where you feel everything is changing, my encouragement to you is to take your eyes off of your changing and uncertain world and place them on your unchanging, all-knowing God.

Then we can say, "Bring on the change!"

Dear Heavenly Father,

Sometimes change scares me. Stepping out into something unfamiliar to me and leaving behind what I've known so long is not always something I enjoy initially. Having to watch people I care about go into a new chapter in their life is exciting in some ways but sad in others. I praise You that in a world that's always changing, You remain unchanging. It comforts me to know that You will always be my refuge and my strength no matter what comes my way. Help me see change through Your eyes.

In Jesus' Name.

Amen.

Taylor desires to use the gift God has given her to write to reach people for Christ. More of her writings can be found on her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girl-Devotionals/1438687046349953?ref=hl or in her book God's Girl Devotionals, My Journey Through Life with God by my Side

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print