Just Passing Through
by PamFord Davis

The whining of children on cross-country trips wears on any parent's nerves. 'Are we there, yet?' seems to be a bored child's favorite tune. Patience does not come naturally to the young or old. Adults have not mastered it; yet, we are more adept at hiding our impatience. Instead of singing the popular tune, we read mile markers.

Followers of Christ are just passing through, on this journey called life. We are keenly aware that we are 'not there' yet. Like Jesus' disciples, we look for signs that mark the coming kingdom of God. (Acts 1:6) I see those signs appearing at nearly every junction and anticipate what waits for me around the next bend.

"Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near (Luke 21:27-28 HCS)!" How near? I cannot say but I sense it is much nearer than many believe. Soon, we will replace 'Are we there, yet' with 'Hallelujah!'

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print