Yes, Father
by PamFord Davis

Am I aloof, withdrawn, and isolating myself? Do people have a sense that I want my space and keep them at arm's length? If so, I hurt myself and hinder strong relationships. Though sometimes risky, I need to draw nearer to those in my midst. Above all, I need to draw near to God. For Moses, through curiosity, drawing near to God led to hearing the LORD's voice. What if he had not moved closer?

"And when forty years had passed, an Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai. When Moses saw it, he marveled at the sight, and as he drew near to observe, the voice of the Lord came to him, saying, 'I am the God of your fathersthe God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses trembled and dared not look (Acts 7:30-32 KJV)." I do want to be nearer to the LORD.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up (James 4:7-10 KJV)." Yes, Father, nearer still nearer....

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print