Seeing Only A Pencil Mark
by Taylor Hoisington

1 Corinthians 13:12, "Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely."

Have you ever had a difficult day?

As I type that question, I realize it's a silly question to ask. We all have experienced those difficult days. Today was one of those days for me.

There are some things I'm struggling to accept right now. Some circumstances have changed, and I'm in a place of needing to trust God in the midst of circumstances I don't understand.

I was reminded today about different times in my life where I couldn't see what God was up to. At times I couldn't understand why things were happening the way they were. My world felt so uncertain. That's where I'm at again.

The funny thing is that normally looking back I can finally see a bigger picture, but while going through things, I can't see anything at all.

I was reminded of the verse above. How true it is that right now we don't have the whole picture. All we see is a part of the picture... or maybe even just a pencil mark. God, however, has the whole picture right in front of Him and knows what He is doing.

This week brought about many changes. Have you ever had a time where just when you feel comfortable and safe something happens and your world changes?

The prayer of my heart today was a prayer similar to the one I heard in the movie "Love Comes Softly". The guy in the movie (Clark) prayed something like this: "Lord, I don't know why you brought Marty into my life only to have her leave like this, but help me to accept Your will." My prayer was similar in saying: "I don't know why You brought me to a place where I started to feel safe and at home only for me to have my world changed so soon and suddenly, but help me to accept Your will."

I don't understand right now... but God does. What I'm seeing is being viewed through a cloudy mirror, but God sees the clear picture. He knows the whole story, and He is in control.

There are two choices I am faced with. I can either try to understand and figure things out and get frustrated because it's not for me to know right now, or I can trust God.

Only in trusting God will I find peace to help me accept what I don't understand.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today was a hard day for me. I know that You see the big picture and have a plan. It's just difficult for me when all I see is the pencil mark. Thank You for the blessing of getting to cast my care on You and trust You. Help me trust You even without understanding. Help me to accept Your will. In Jesus' Name.

Amen.

Taylor desires to use the gift God has given her to write to reach people for Christ. More of her writings can be found on her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girl-Devotionals/1438687046349953?ref=hl or in her book God's Girl Devotionals, My Journey Through Life with God by my Side

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print