Not on the Menu!
by PamFord Davis

Elbow grease is 'not' on the menu at the neighborhood greasy spoon. You will not find it at the 'Oil and Lube' conveniently located near the mall or at an appointment with your physical therapist. Instead, you activate it when only a good scrubbing will do. Using strength and stamina, you scrub windows or floors.

I do know my own strength and elbow grease does not suffice. I seek the oil of anointing through the Holy Spirit. "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, 'This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, 'Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6 KJV)."What a mighty God is Jehovah!

When he bares his arm, he accomplishes his work and purpose. "Behold, the LORD God will come with strong hand, and his arm shalt rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him (Isaiah 40:10 KJV)." He is strong, yet purposely gentle. In tenderness, he carries his little lambs.... (Isaiah 40:11)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print