Compelled to Reach the Finish Line
by PamFord Davis

How do I rate myself as a runner? To be honest, I am not athletically inclined. Yet, when exercising, I jog or march in place. I have not calculated miles but perceive they are quite a few. If in actual competition, a runner must keep up the pace. Dawdling will not do. It's 'not' a Sunday afternoon drive. With each step forward, they feel compelled to reach the finish line in first place.

There is also a place for 'patience' in a runner's training. Few find themselves in the finish line's winner circle their first time running. Victory requires diligent practice. Though beginners realize their limitations, inexperience does not deter them. They enter shorter races, in preparation for 'the big race.' What motivates a true runner to cross the finish line? They have their eyes focused on their primary goal.

"Therefore since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne (Hebrews 12:1-2 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print