But Prayer
by PamFord Davis

Though prayer is a vital, integral part of my life, I am lacking in my faith in the supernatural power released when I intercede. Yesterday, I noted His glory unveiled in two words, 'but prayer.'

The early church voiced fervent prayer in behalf of Apostle Peter.

"Peter therefore was kept in prison, but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him (Acts 12:5 Scofield Bible)."

Read the detailed account of Peter's arrest and incarceration in Acts 12:1-6. Next, follow the drama of his angelic visitation, deliverance from prison and nighttime trek through the city. (Acts 12:7-11)

Reaching his destination, where a prayer vigil continued, he rapped on the door seeking entrance. In the realization that it was Peter, thrilled, a young girl ran to tell the others of his freedom. They did not believe her. (Acts 12:12-15)

'But how' could that be possible?

"But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished (Acts 12:16 Scofield Bible)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print