Charlotte's Webbing
by PamFord Davis

My mornings are now reminiscent of the classic 'Charlotte's Web.'
[1952/Written by E.B. White, Illustrations by Garth Williams/Publisher-Harper & Brothers (Wikipedia)] Her webbing is familiar to readers on a global scale.

Filmmakers introduced viewers to the animation version of 'Charlotte's Web in 1973. [Story by Earl Hamner, Jr. /Hanna Barbera Productions/Distributed by Paramount Pictures/Grossing over 2.4 million in rentals (Wikipedia] It continues to be a favorite of both children and their parents.

Personally, I do not favor real live spiders spinning their webs at my kitchen sink. An unnamed spider is mysteriously webbing while I sleep. Upon awakening, I inadvertently put my hand and wrist into her webs when reaching to turn on the kitchen faucet.

Like a jungle trailblazer cutting away vines with a machete, I quickly wield my trusty sword. In reality, it's an old toothbrush. I have brushed aside white webbing for a couple of days. At first, it was fascinating to discover the ingenuity of the spider during its graveyard shift.

This morning, I pondered its persistence. My previous destruction of the annoying web did not deter its maker. Curiosity is now taking root. What will transpire during tonight's repose?
A determined spider may be back on the job.

"Can the papyrus grow up without a marsh? Can the reeds flourish without water? While it is yet green and not cut down, it withers before any other plant. So are the paths of all who forget God; and the hope of the hypocrite shall perish, whose confidence shall be cut off, and whose trust is a spider's web (Job 8:11-14 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print